Posted on

It’s no secret that despite being legal in the United States, online gambling has become the fastest growing industry on the Internet. The desire to gamble online has even surpassed the virtual power of online porn. Online gambling is a $12 billion a year industry, about half of which is generated in the United States, and some analysts believe that number will double by 2010. What secret does the industry owe this impressive success to? From a psychological point of view it is quite simple; People indulge in the thrill of spending little to gain big. Much like the lottery, it’s buying with hope, hoping to easily take a few dollars and turn them into a large sum of money.

Surprisingly, internet gambling marketing campaigns are almost exclusively aimed at men; it is until now. Most ads and banners feature scantily clad beautiful young women or round tables full of cigar-smoking poker players. The target audience for online gambling is accepted by the industry as 30-40 year old males with college degrees. Even Playboy has its own online casino, which by definition is definitely and absolutely pokie spins casino aimed at the male audience only. Why is online gambling aimed almost exclusively at a male audience? In two research studies, one conducted by Peter D. Hart Research Associates, Inc. (2006) and the other conducted by Luntz, Manlansky Strategic Research (2006) published by the American Gaming Association, the percentage of male and physical female Mortar- Gamers are determined almost equally, with 53% of the population being male and the remaining 47% being female. However, in the world of online gambling, where men made up 68% of the surveyed population, men outnumbered women by almost three times, while women made up the remaining 32%.

This begs the question, where is the division between the two game mediums? Could that be short-sighted and too focused on the male audience? Or are these numbers skewed by the inclusion of online poker, which has traditionally been a male pastime? Regardless of the reaction to this phenomenon, a group of online casinos have finally decided to think outside the box and focus solely on the female online gambling market.

Casino Partners launched the world’s first and only online casino specifically designed by women for women called Cameo Casino. In an April 2006 press release, Casino Partners stated that “at least 50% of players in the online gambling market are women, a fact previously unrecognized in the gambling industry. Promotions and advertising have always been ‘Joe’-type and focused on male-dominated issues.” Additionally, “Cameo Casino offers over 80 award-winning games, fast downloads, quick payouts, huge jackpots, and odds better than Vegas.”

Cameo Casino emphasizes that “Women deserve a gaming environment of their own and Cameo Casino was developed with today’s woman in mind. It offers state-of-the-art, easy-to-use software, efficient payouts and customer service making the casino one of the network’s premier gaming venues.” Casino Partners is known for its top online casinos such as Casino Tropez, Vegas Red, Casino Del Rio and Titan Poker, to name but a few to name a few.

Cameo Casino offers understated elegance and five star service alongside an extremely generous comp points program and extravagant industry standard welcome bonuses. As a woman, I found Cameo Casino to be an absolutely delightful and unique gaming experience that was definitely created for female players. While this is just a small step in women’s visibility in the world of online gambling, I hope Cameo Casino’s success will reawaken the preverbal brand.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *